Welcome to Black Mountain Forestry Center!
Come visit us this summer:
We are open Memorial Day - Labor Day on the weekends
12pm to 4pm
We are a non-profit organization which our mission is to Promote awareness and provide education for the general public about our forests, their history, ecology, and value as a renewable natural resource.
We were recently featured on WhatcomTalk. Click here to read the article.
Some Exhibits to see:
- Visit to an active logging site and 5 other locations -(RSVP for these tours are on a per need basis)
- The Hank Reasoner Arboretum
- Artifactsfrom the old Chinn Camp on Slide Mtn
- Logging Railroad Track Layout
- The Saw Mill
- John McMekin Historical Logging Display
- Farm Forestry Sawmill Display building
- Tower, loader and Yarder (The Timber Harvest Display)
- Seven Forestry Display Buildings